Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Time

It is about 1:00 here in Indiana. Being the night owl that I am, I cant really fall asleep right now, plus I am kinda still on California time. My brother is flying in tonight and my cousin Josh is picking him up in the morning in Indianapolis. It's kind of cool, because all of the cousins will be here tomorrow and we haven't all been together in about 10 years. Kind of a family reunion if you will. God has been putting some ideas about time in my head lately. Life is so short. We are all subject to time. No matter how big and powerful you are, or how small and unpopular you are, the one thing we all have in common is we are all subject to the continual thing of time. I think all of us if we could, would go back and change some things we have done in our life. We are people, we all make mistakes, but thank God his blood covered it. And yet there remains the time lost in our lives when there could have been some crossroads that could have changed our life. Statistics say (I don't know how they found this out but I thought it was cool) that life will present to you with 7 life changing opportunities. SEVEN! 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) What if you lived every day like it was your last? What if you lived every minute like it was your last hour? What could you accomplish? Please don't misunderstand me, because I know that we all need a break sometimes, but what am I missing out on in life and what could I gain if I would just get passionate about some things? What is just passing me by every day that could be an opportunity? "Lift up your eyes for the field is white unto harvest". I don't look enough. Its so easy to get caught up into our own things and life that we forget sometimes that God has so many things planned for our life. I don't have time to get bitter. I don't have time to hold a grudge. I don't have time to toil on things that don't even matter. What could I have done with that time that I just spent steaming over an argument, or what could I have done with those moments that I simply didn't realize God might have been thumping on the head saying "Here's an opportunity, lets see what you do with it", and I walked away. I cant do everything everyday, but what I can do is live life with abandon. Live life like its my last day on earth. Talk to someone I've never talked to. Go somewhere where I've never gone before. Reach someone I've never reached. Because I don't want to look back one day and say "there was where God wanted to do something GREAT in my life, but I wasn't paying attention." Sing like its your last time to sing, preach like its your last time to preach, and take advantage of every moment that God has given you. And do it with PASSION! God let me take advantage of every moment in your presence. Every time I feel you let it change me. Every time I hear you let it penetrate me. Every time I touch you let it be a brand new experience. Don't walk...run. Don't crawl...fly. Don't put down...lift up. Because in this short time I have on this earth....I don't have time to waste...... Just some ramblings.

5 comments:

Amyan said...

Right on Bro Tyler. Time flies and when we look back it would be a shame to notice that it flew on without us. I like what you wrote, and now I'll be thinking more about time too. Thanks.

iluv2prshim said...

Good thought, Tyler. Stay focused and as Bro. Tenney says, "Keep the main thing, the main thing". :) Be safe on your journeys.

Highland Media Solutions said...

Thanks Amyan

Sis. Hurst,

Thanks. Havn a good time. Hope things are goin well back in California.

Mariah said...

Thanks for your thoughts. It always helps to put things back in perspective. We tend to get so busy with our own activities and goals we (I) forget to ask God what He wants for my life. Stay safe on your long road trip. It will be great to have you back. Trent and Kadee were much missed this weekend as well! See ya soon.

MysticsKryten said...

Time. It is an interesting thing. Makes me sometimes think about older generations. THinking ahead. But living for now. It's like now we live in a NOW generation. Not thinking of what can come tomorrow... if we even care. God did not promise us tomorrow, but what are we doing to help ourselves in the future? This WAS going somewhere, but I lost it all. Anyways, awesome post!

-Sonia

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones