Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Get Your Kicks, On .....

OK I'm in the middle of Arizona on my way to Oklahoma for the weekend and it is hot. I left about 8 this morning and have been on the road ever since. The hotel bed feels like Heaven right now. It is about 90 outside right now and it is 10:19. INSANELY HOT! I hate when it gets hot because that means I get sweaty. And when I get sweaty I start burning fat and smell like bacon and get hungry and usually have to pull over.
I drove on historic route 66 today on the way. Honestly even though it is just a bumpy road, it was kind of a really cool feeling getting to drive on the road that so many people sang about. I know, I know your thinking okkkkkkkk, but really when you think about it, it is neat. Loving music the way I do, I just had to drive on it for awhile. There you are driving on the same road that movies were made about, songs were sung about, and stories were wrote about. I even cranked up the song by Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters, "Route 66". It's neat they keep it intact as a landmark. All the way from Chicago to LA.
If I were to have flown, and rented a car, it would have cost me my life savings, so I just decided to drive. Its a lot more fun and I get to stay in my own car. Insurance is outrageous if you are under the age of 25 when you rent a car.So after 12 hours of driving I stopped in a Denny's and one of the "not so greatest" dinners I have had. Never order a steak at Denny's. It's like the equivalent of eating a bag of beef jerky.
I am now in a town called Kingston, AZ at a 'Travelodge" and am getting up pretty early to hit the road so I am going to bed. I will post more pics tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler. Hope you have a great time while your there!! Hey if you're near Del City Church on Sunday stop by and say hi to my sis and Pastor Sharp for me!!

Doug

Tredway Tales said...

Looks like you are having a fun road trip. What are you going to Oklahoma for?

Anonymous said...

too funny tyler.

Megan said...

Sounds adventurous!!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Doug,

So far its been fun. I will try if I go by there!

Josh,

Hey can you email me your email? lol tdsullivan98@aol.com

Megan,

YES!! It is. It feels weird to be out here driving across country but it does feel like an adventure....you know kind of like going to McDonalds.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've been close to Lake Havasu...should have stopped by. :)

Only 117 here yesterday.

Happy 4th and a safe trip.

Tyler Sullivan said...

I actually saw the sign for it and thought about coming over!...lol ohh well I am in Steelwell Ok. now and am wiped out. Maybe next time

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones