Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's A Small World After All

Tonight, I got to see/talk to cousins that I have never met before. Gene and Tom Sullivan. Well third cousins anyway, obviously on my dads side. They live out here close to where I am at (Steelwell, OK) and they are both close to 70. Some of the stories that I heard tonight were pretty funny. It was really neat to talk to them and hear things that went on in my great great Grandpa's life. He was a UPC preacher who died from a stroke while preaching in Riverbank when he was older. My dad has some things in his office about him, but I never really did know much. Tonight I kind of learned some stuff while they talked. And they loved to talk.
The restaurant (Charlies BBQ) closed pretty quick after got in there but we did get to chat for a long while and it was cool to meet them. I didnt even know I had cousins out here!! It's a small world after all. The one in the green shirt is Gene, the other is Tom. I know they dont look like the happiest people in the world, but they were fun to talk to and get to know.

3 comments:

Tredway Tales said...

Tyler-
Looks like you are having fun on your road trip. Isn't it neat to hear stories about your family history. My email is tredwaymusic@aol.com. Drop me a line.

Janell said...

Awwwwww that is so cool! Looks like you're having a blast! Good ol' relatives--gotta love em! I wonder if I should mention that I've got lots and lots of un-named relatives in OK too? I wonder if we share any? hahaha! That really would be crazy!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Josh,

Ya its really cool. Pretty neat stuff.

Janell,

I am having a blast! Lots of things goin on though. Am sure you are lookin forward to the wedding. "Misty" wasnt it?

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones