Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Cancer Fundraiser

This weekend I walked for cancer in the "relay for life" walkathon for "Team Shane". A lot of you may remember Shane Champlain who recently passed away from cancer. I hate when people say "lost the battle". It's not like Shane lost anything. We lost something, but he actually won life forever. Sure it was a battle going through all that he and his family went through, but no matter which way you look at it, he still won. He's up there where all of us want to go one day, so that means he actually won the race. HE BEAT ME! I got to know him later in his life, but what I got to know of him was a privilege to know. He was an incredible musician and a fun guy to be around. You can visit his website and memorial page at http://www.shanescause.org/. Please keep this family prayer.
They raised I think close to $160,000. What a great day! They had booth's and at night time they lit thousands of candles around the track, each inscribed with the name and memorial to every person that had died of cancer that had a friend or relative there. I was really taken back when I got there. All of the people who were there to support this had somehow lost a friend or loved one and still had so much strength. It really open up your eyes to how much of this really goes on. Hopefully one day soon they will find a cure for this.
Robyn Champlain, Shanes mom
Doyle Champlain

5 comments:

Kadee Sullivan said...

HEy Tyler, great post!! Just think, by walking on Saturday, we were apart of finding that cure for cancer. It was not only for a good cause, it was such a stinkin' blast!!!!

~Kadee

Amyan said...

Well...as you know, we have a mutual friend who's been diagnosed with cancer...She took all of her kids to the relay for life and when she showed me the pictures I couldn't help but to cry...
It's great to see the hope on the faces of the people all because they are not alone...
I too hope that one day cancer will be something curable...that the fatal disease will be a thing of the past.

Anonymous said...

Tyler, I also walked on Sat., but I was there in the morning. It was even hot then. lol But, I'm so glad I did. It felt good doing something to help fight cancer, and it was encouraging to see all the cancer survivors. I know Shane would have loved everyone being there. I miss him SO much.
Shane's Aunt Cherie

Tredway Tales said...

This is a great thing that you did for Shane. I knew Shane and followed up on him during his cancer ordeal. He was a great person, father, singer, musician and friend. Doing this in his honor is a tribute to a great person. I give you props!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Kadee,

It was alot of fun huh? I think I will go again next year.

Amyan,

They are discovering new treatments everyday. I remember when Gabe went through his ordeal. Thank God he's still here.

Cheryl,

Sorry I didnt see you. The heat was miserable in the afternoon as well until the delta breeze started to kick in.

Josh,

He was a great guy. One of our favorite places to go was the buffet....lol Although we didnt go to many times, we always enjoyed it when we could just go, sit and relax, and just talk. He never took anything for granted, but was a friend to everybody.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones