Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Interesting Day To Say The Least

What I thought would be a semi-normal day turned out to be a rather exciting one. Every Friday our school has Chapel for about 45 minutes and I teach it. I usually will get to the church between 5:30 and 6 am. to get ready for that day, the lesson so forth so on. First of all I got here this morning with a cup of coffee in my hands and I didnt know whether I was just tired or what happened, but the thing seemed to bend out of my hands and all over my classroom carpet. Greeeaatt. Perfect way to start the day. In the midst of cleaning my pants and shoes off, I realized the bottom had ripped off. Cheap styrofoam companies! I taught on getting out of your comfort zone today. We did a cool countdown and then showed "Thats My King". Right as I am beginning to speak, Mrs Wrinkle (the administrator) comes up to me and whispers in my ear "Keep it going for awhile, we are on lockdown....nobody can leave the building". I kind of paused for a moment, losing my thoughts and then got back on track. Of course it was kind of scary. They went around locked all the doors to the building and you could hear the sirens out in front of the church screaming down the street. Apperently, I found out later, that a man had taken a gun and shot someone in the head and was loose. 4 DOORS DOWN FROM OUR SCHOOL. This world really is really crazy. I think I pulled it off enough so that nobody noticed what was going on. There are no see through windows in our church and everybody was already in the chapel (thats where we all were at the time so we just stayed) so we just proceeded to have devotion. About an hour and a half later, they called and said we were out of lockdown so everybody kind of breathed easy and then they left the sanctuary. An interesting day so far to say the least!

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Jeez, Tyler, you should of told me , Oh well glad to hear that everything was okay. I probably would have been pretty scared had I known anyways! Good going keeping it cool the kids didn't say a thing so you must have done good!

James Wilder said...

That's awful!
Is this Mrs. Beverly Wrinkle? My Kindergarten teacher from Little Christian School... now Faith Christian Academy.

Sadly, I was probably one of her most ornery students :( Hey, things can change since Kindergarten!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

Sorry...lol. Really busy week that week. I actually forgot about it by the end of the day. Ya they kind of totally forgot about it to after the 10th soda I gave them.

Tyler Sullivan said...

James,

Yes it is the same Beverly Wrinkle. I can imagine you being ornery..LOL. The school is doing good.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones