Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Teaching Math

Being a teacher has its perks. Today is an example. The seventh grade class I teach is hilarious. Out of the 3 grades that I teach, 7th is probably the funniest one. I am finding the humor of kids(not that I am that old myself) is so innocent. They will laugh at anything. We were reading today and all of a sudden one of their stomachs just made this loud noise. The class burst into laughter as the one child, whose stomach sounded like a volcano, laughed along. I am thankful because these kids I teach are so real. They arent trying to be like the cool kids, or trying to fit in by doing popular things, but each one of the classmates dont pressure each other to try to act like someone other than themselves. They just teach you to lighten up and have fun. One thing I am finding out, is you need to ednjoy the time you have when you are a kid, because it gets busier as you get older. Granted there are times when you have to lay down the law so to speak, but most of the time, all the kids are very well behaved. Believe it or not, I have learned alot from them. Treat everbody the same no matter if they dont fit in, or if they are a little bit different. Listen to someone when they have something to say and you actually learn. These kids may be learning from me, but I am certainly learning from them! I laughed at this video when I saw it. Hopefully I dont ever get into this kind of math!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think the cook had a point, 7 times 13 is 28! lol jk jk jk

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones