Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Favorite Place

I think that everyone has a favorite place somewhere. A place where you can go and just relax and let all the stress and worries just run off your mind and conscience. Leaving the cell phone, and distractions behind, every night I (try) go jogging in the park behind our house. Right in the middle of the track where I run, there are three huge baseball fields and a dog park engulfed all the way around by huge oak trees. Its great because there is hardly anybody ever out there. I think that frequently every person needs a time when they can just get with themselves and God and just forget about what surrounds you and what is worrying your mind. You can only take so much of life before you get "Burnt Out". But if you let times of refreshing come and let God renew your confidence and spirit, we can go so much further. It is physically impossible to please people 100% of the time so guess what....I stopped trying. Its just added stress that adds onto the load. I am finding out that when I can learn to value my time and Gods time enough, and take him with me to my favorite place, life becomes alot easier.
"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Here are some Pictures of "My Favorite Place". Just thought I would share.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like a peacefull place to run :) Running is a great stress reliever and perfect time to figure things out!

Tredway Tales said...

My favorite place is sitting at the piano. It is there that I open my mind and emotions flow. I let my fingers do the talking as I find new changes and melodies that release the pressures and stress of the day. You are so right. Everyone needs a place that they can go, to get away to release and relax.

Debbie Saiz said...

Great post, Tyler! It is great that we can always take Him to our secret place. . .that place where just the two of us can have our time together!
Still waiting on your jazz CD!!!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Megan,

I love going running, although it is not every night I get to do it.
It is a great stress reliever and I have figured some stuff out that I wouldnt have been able to figure out if I hadnt just left everything behind and just relaxed.

Tyler Sullivan said...

Josh,

Yes! I really do love sitting at a piano and just playing for awhile. It starts to get frusterating though when I try to get a key and cant get it right. That when I cant relax...lol

Tyler Sullivan said...

Debbie,

Thanks for the comment. I just returned from Music conference in Stockton and sang "Play it Again". It was really funny because I would be at the booth selling cd's and people would come and say "Is this whole album jazz"? I would say no and they would kind of frown and say "O well you need to record a jazz album". It kept on happening and I just so happened to be selling next to Tammy Trout and every time it happened she would kind of laugh. Then one time a lady came up and asked again and she laughed and said " I think you need to record a jazz album"! So I am working on songs right now and hopefully will have someting out towards the end of the year....or maybe sooner. Just all depends on whether or not this lottery ticket is any good or not...LOL jk

James Wilder said...

Favorite place: McKinley Park, right down the block from our little place.

Hey, I enjoyed hearing you when you were here last year. You should be interested in knowing that we replaced our "CD-playing technology". I felt so bad for you. It hasn't happened since though...

Tyler Sullivan said...

James,

I have seen McKinley and it is indeed a nice place. Glad you enjoy it. Ahhhh yes indeed I remember that night! Quite a service as I recall. Bro Young came and apologized afterwords about it. I have started carrying an ipod now everywhere I go instead of a cd and it hooks right into a mike so I dont have to wait for the sound person to actually have to try to play it. An interesting evening it was nonetheless. How are things at The Rock?

James Wilder said...

Tyler, Things are well at The Rock. Thanks for asking.
It looks like you guys are doing well too. I enjoy checking in here and seeing what you're doing. It's encouraging to see positive, up-beat, revival-minded people building churches. Love you guys.

p.s. your iPod idea is great...especially if it has a hook-up for the mic. Hopefully you can level it out just as well too.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones