Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Long Weekend

It's Monday, Jan 21st, 2008, which is MLK's official holiday, which means that it is nationwide, which means that schools are closed, which means, I AM OFF TODAY!! That's right I am off today and I got to sleep in. There is just something about sleeping in on Mondays that I love (although I rarely get the privilege). Especially after a long Sunday. Personally I think every Monday should be a Holiday so that we can sleep in. This was a long, fun weekend. Saturday, I went to a youth rally in Section 12 in Gridley, CA and was privileged to sing. Bro Nathan Hurst was the speaker and once again did an incredible job of preaching. Kind of an odd thing, the last 4 rallies I have sang at, he has been the speaker, so it was good to see him again. Sunday night was one of the most powerful services we have ever had at our church. WHAT A SERVICE!!! Dad preached on "There is going to be a Church". The enemy won't just whimper away when revival comes to the church but he will fight. And there will always be a church no matter how bad things get and no matter how far we go into the tribulation. From the start, a breakthrough service! One of the longest alter calls we have ever had. People jumping, dancing, singing all over the place. I posted a few pictures below from Saturday. See Ya!

Bro. Hurst Preaching.

The Gridley Church pastored by Bro. Tim Bledsoe.

Yours truly and Rev. Morgan Underwood

Bro. Marcus Bledsoe, Sectional Youth Director

3 comments:

Janell said...

Bro. Hurst is one of my FAVORITE preachers of all time! He used to preach all of our Lady Retreats, and they were so hilarious, awesome, powerful, and refreshing. His sense of humor just kills me, I love it. Not only that, but his preaching is so down-to-earth and "right where you live"...know what I mean? Anyway, looks like lots of fun.
Interestingly, I remember a Bro. Bledsoe preaching a Junior Youth camp when I was like 7 years old?! I wonder if it was Bro. Marcus or his father/uncle/etc? Those were the days...we went to "Camp Paradise" and it looked like a refugee holding place. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Saturday was a lot of fun and you did a great job with your songs, Tyler. Bro. Hurst is my favorite preacher. And once again he did an awesome job. Yeah Janell I was going to see if you wanted to go with us but I forgot bout it until like Saturday about 11:00 lol sorry its the thought that counts right!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Janell,

Yes he is an awesome preacher. He is usually hilarious, but this time he was really serious. It was one of those services you know what they are like. AWWWWW I loved Camp Paradise. Even though it is very dusty and dirty. The memories there are awesome! I think it was Marcus's dad elder Kenneth Bledsoe that preached tha JR camp.

Kandyce,

Good to see your kids are learning.
LOL

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones