Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A lot of Time

I just got back to my office from having lunch at . (Sorry Than). Chicken Burrito, nothing but chicken, rice, cheese and a tortilla. It was BOMB! The place is so good. Its right by a Panda Express, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Coldstone, Jamba, and anything else you can think of that will make you fat.
If some of you are wondering why I have been posting so much, it is because I am on Christmas break from teaching school and I have TIME. Posting will probably slow down in about a week because I will be back to the teaching grind. The new quarter is getting ready to start in a couple of weeks so I have to get ready for report cards so forth so on. It has been so nice this week to be able to catch up on stuff. A typical day in the classroom will be from about 6-5 and by the end of the day, you have to go home and everything is closed so you don't have time to do much.
Actually becoming a teacher has helped me a whole lot because I have learned to budget my time better. You can't just show up at 12:00, come in and say "Whats up students"? You actually have to use your brain, get up and come to work. And after the 8th cup of coffee I am ready to go for the day. Seriously It has helped a whole lot though. I will be honest with everybody. Since I have started teaching, I have started to care more for people. I have actually started listening more to what people have to say. I didn't realize how important some stuff is to people when it may be small to you and you just shut them off. Now please don't get me wrong, I know when somebody comes up to you and starts telling you how thick their eyeglass lens's are that it is kind of hard to stay focused, but still it is important to them and I need to pay attention to what they are saying.
Isn't that kind of like when God talks to us? He talks and talks and talks and sometimes it takes him saying it for the third time for us to wake up and say "Huh what was that?" I think we go through so many problems sometimes, and God is just sitting up there speaking in that still small voice saying " Just listen and I will tell you what to do".
My dad preached an awesome message last night that when you hear and listen to the voice of God, the word of God becomes active in your life and begins building a house he can dwell in. What is the difference between the voice of God and the Word of God? The Bible in Genesis says the voice of God walked in the garden. Isn't that awesome? In John it says that " In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God". Since the word is God, when God speaks and we listen, his progressive word and plan becomes established in our life and begins to build Gods house. That is one thing I want to improve on this year. I want to listen every time God says something as best I can. I guess life sometimes has a way of blocking the voice from coming in clear, but no matter what comes or goes, Gods voice is always there.
Have an awesome night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the greatness that is Chipotle!!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones