Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to School

BACK TO SCHOOL!
Well it is Tuesday and Christmas break is over. School started on Monday and it is back to the grind. The first day was like walking onto a distant planet. The kids minds were so far away that they acted like they have never been in a school before. All the chocolate and hype wore off today though. Everybody was actually really good. It is almost finals week so they had better be! Our school has been in operation since 1970 and runs right now 128 kids. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade are my specialties. Every day grading almost 100 papers sometimes drives you nuts. But I seriously love it though. (Except when they bring grease stained, chocolate covered, dropped in water papers that you just look at never wanting to touch). Getting to be a part of these kids lives is so awesome. If I can affect them in any way at all in life, my job will have been totally worth it. I have really learned to listen a lot better, because they LOVE to talk.
The math we are learning is getting a little difficult for them though. I was looking at it and I was like whhooooaaaa. We are learning about quarterly compound interest in 7th grade. I think when I was in 7th grade I was counting " how many donuts are in the box", or who could multiply the fastest. lol. Today they are finding out how much they would profit from 4% interest per quarter if they had $50,000 in the saving account. I was like "wow". If I had this when I was a kid I would be a millionare now. Wishful thinking anyway. Here are some pics of a class I teach after school that helps kids with math problems, health and whatever they are stuck on. Right now I hear another donut calling.
See ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tyler ur so funny!! lol I'm know for a fact those kids love you. keep being a good influence in there life!!

~Kadee

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones