Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Season Ends


Lately it seems like everything has been going by at a great rate of speed. I guess the saying is "the older you get, the more time flies". EVEN AT A YOUNG AGE! Time becomes more precious to you as you begin to experience life and it sometimes slips away when you don’t notice. You have to begin to value it and cherish it and use it wisely because God has only given us so much time down here to make a difference. Someone once said that the one thing you can never get back is time and I believe it more than ever each day.

Almost 2 years ago an opportunity and time came into my life that would no doubt change it. It was one of those times that I hold dear and AM thankful for and do value. Little did I know I would end up in Nashville later recording an album with the freeWAY Quartet. So many friends made, so many memories filed, so many things learned. I’ve learned better pitch, I’ve learned more of how to use full voice and soft voice, I’ve learned better stage presence and TONS of other things! I have improved. Yet the season has changed once again and with that said, I make my exit.

I am resigning as lead of the freeWAY Quartet.

I have had some of the funnest times of my life and it has been a great ride. Lawrence is such a great guy and has one of the smoothest voices I have ever heard. When we were all sitting around writing verses to one of our songs, I had just written a verse and it came my time to sing it and I forgot the words. He just gave me that look he gives and loudly exclaimed "YOU WROTE THE VERSE"!! Keith is just hilarious. One of the most sensitive people I know when it comes to living for God. Always up for a joke and an unmistakable laugh. Bryce is a giver. He will go out of his way to make anybody feel good no matter what it takes or who they are. A lot of great memories. Bro. and Sis. Allard have a passion for singing like nobody else. They have poured so much into this group and have a burden for it. I hope they go far. Bro. Ken Fitzpatrick has such a burden for young people. If you want vocal training, this is the person to go to. His pursuit of excellence has left me in awe. What an incredible ear and person he is.

I hope the group continues to do well and I wish them the best. I will miss singing with you guys but am looking forward to the next adventure. I have no idea what it is or what it will bring, but I am excited and looking forward to what God has in store.

Thanks to all of you for your support over the last couple of years.

God Bless,

TS

2 comments:

James Wilder said...

From the FREEway to the HIGHway. Just another route, eh?

I've enjoyed what I've heard from the group, and particularly what I've heard from you. God's god great things in store for you! Glad to be serving God with you!

LAS said...

I know you will be missed greatly I am sure.

God holds the world in the palm of his hand and he knows exactly where you are. He will open doors and lead you to where you should be of this you can be sure.

Best wishes to you with whatever you pursue in the future.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones