Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Godly Heritage

I am 5th generation Pentecost. Back in 1911, my Grandpa Mike received the Holy Ghost in Oklahoma. Shortly after, he started evangelizing. Starting churches in several states, (including California), and later on pastoring, he died in 1962 when he suffered a heart attack while preaching in Riverbank. What a heritage I'm thankful for.
An old invitation card to a revival
In the early years
Getting baptized
On the left middle holding the - I think it's a mandolinChurch Gathering

4 comments:

Mariah said...

That is awesome... WHat a heritage to be proud of. WOW.

Janell said...

Wow that's so cool you have pics! I'm 5th generation too, and my ancestor is Grandpa Rucks from Oklahoma (yikes, are we related?! LOL JK!) I don't know as much about him, although my relatives do.
That's neat to have pictures and stuff!

Biscut said...

Wow, that looks pretty cool. I wish I could observe and watch them back in that day, for all good and not so good to see how we measure up today. Sure would be interesting.

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

I really am. Thankful is the right word I guess.

Janell,

The pictures are awesome to have. My cousin in fact has his original Bible. It's neat to see. Thats cool you are 5th Generation as well. WE MIGHT BE COUSINS! AAAAHHHHHH

Luis,

Ya dude it's great. I guess the battles change with the generations. We have to fight stuff they didnt have to, but they didnt have to fight stuff that we have to. It WOULD be interesting.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones