Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Will

Well here I am at 1:30 in the morning up wide awake. I don't really know why I cant go to sleep till really late. My mind just never shuts off. I can be laying there in bed thinking about 20 different things then all of a sudden I will get an idea for a design, song, or whatever and go and work on it. Sometimes I am up for 2-3 days at a time. I will doze off here and there, but it seems I can think best at night. Have you ever had that happen to you. You will be in bed with your eyes closed sort of asleep but your brain is still going 90 mph? I guess that is what happens when you get older too. The brain is always going, but the body isn't willing. I just crave the nighttime I guess because there are no people to int erupt you or bother you. They are all ASLEEP like normal people. I can think, I don't have to worry about somebody yelling in my ear, and I can think about ways to make people laugh. There has been a song in my mind all day that Marty Funderburk wrote. It talks about the last night in the garden for Jesus. When he was saying "not my will but thine be done". I think right here he is fighting the toughest battle any of us will ever fight. No doubt his battle was the most gruesome, ugliest battle ever fought, but the principle of it still amazes me. Every day, we still fight the same battle. "Not my will but thine be done". In all of life's circumstances, I don't want my will to be done, I want his. Whenever I get up on my high horse and try to plan out my own future, I have to remind myself...not my will but thine be done. When I try to do it my way, I usually get knocked off my high horse and put back on the ground. The human will is one thing God will never touch, which is why it is such a battle sometimes because it is up to us to turn our will towards Gods will. When we can align ourselves under Gods purpose and direction, it is the safest place you can ever be. Even if it is a place I don't want to go, I still have to say " Not my will but thine be done" I will write more later, but right now, I think I am going to go and lay down. Read the lyrics below. They say it all. V-1 Alone in the garden Jesus suffered, pleading with a father as a son. Longing for the cup to be passed from him, praying, not my will thine be done. With the burden of the world upon his shoulder, he knew within his heart the time had come And with every step of faith, these words resounded, Father not my will but thine be done. Ch. Thy will be done, thy will be done Not my own, yours alone, thy will be done In my heart, thy kingdom come In my life, thy will be done. V-2 This life is a series of decisions, we stand at the crossroads everyday free to choose the path of least resistance, free to walk the straight and narrow way But in the heart of every true believer, is a yearning to surrender and obey And a common call that binds us all together, to follow after Christ and live by faith!

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones