Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

To Early for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Ok so I was busy drilling my class for finals, which are this week, when I happened to look out the window of my classroom and saw a surprise. A flock of huge wild turkeys. Of course then the class saw them and I might as well have just sent everybody home. Their attention span was ................ very short.
These turkeys are wild and often roam around parts of Citrus Heights. It's kinda neat to see them show up every now and I was reminded once again today, that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Then Christmas. Then MY BIRTHDAY!!! lol I am getting old. Only 31 more years till I can start to draw social security. Of course there probably wont be any money left by then, but hey can I can dream cant I?
The church is coming along. There is still alot of work left to do, but it looks a ton better than what it did a few months ago. The drapes still have to be hung, steps poured, carpet added, wires ran, lights put in, screens put up, and yet so much has been done already. The soundmen will be here on the 22 of next month to do the install. Every ones really jazzed right now and the finished product is going to look incredible.
I looked back at a picture of the church before the remodel began and I will have to admit....part of me wanted to go back. Part of me missed the old look and building. And although the change was necessary for growth purposes, I guess everyone kind of resists change to some point. Things were going great. The church was growing (and is still), things were hoppin, and everyone seemed to be settling in. I guess God likes to shake us up once in awhile and keep us from settling in! Sometimes it takes a earthquake to make us wake up and pay attention. Why is that? Why cant the human nature do what needs to be done and pay attention. I dont have all the answers but I can say that I dont want a big negative event in my life to make me wake up. Something I dont want to deal with. Something I wish I didnt have to deal with because it could have been dealt with before this event happened. I just want to wake up so I can avoid calamity and just do what God wants me to do!

9 comments:

Mariah said...

Ha funny about the turkeys. But yes, it would seem it to be easier to wake up before God has to wake us up! Us humans seem to have to learn the hard way though. One thing I have learned is to avoid getting comfortable! That makes change very easy. BTW I am way ahead of you, I have less years than you before I retire! Awww what a thought! RETIREMENT hmmmm is it too early to consider that??

MysticsKryten said...

wow. ya'lls church is looking awesome! i remember rhonda posting some pics when it was first being "demolished" but it looks nice! congrats!

Chandra said...

Retirement!!! I wish!! Congrats on the new church!

Anonymous said...

Tyler, Your "new Church" building looks absolutely fantastic. So glad for you all.

Tyler Sullivan said...

Sonia, Chandra, Cheryl,

Thanks!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Mariah,

Ya your almost 40 huh! Sorry I forgot. lol

TRC Rockers said...

Is this the Citrus Heights church? WOW! My daughter used to go to the school. What a remarkable change!

Tyler Sullivan said...

Jessica,

Yes this is the citrus Heights church. It's a long way from done, but its getting there! A long way from what you remember huh

Holly Genevieve said...

Wow the church is looking great. Keep up the good work!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones