Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

San Francisco

The weather was perfect, the breeze just right, and the crab legs were behemoth size at Joe's Crab Shack! San Francisco really is an incredible city. Everyday is a production there. It's like going to a drama or Phantom of the Opera, but it happens EVERY DAY. When I saw how much money was in some of those guitar cases, I thought about taking up permanent residence by Pier 39. There was a guy who played the guitar about as well as I play the tuba, who strummed the thing once and then said something funny. No song, no singing, but a suitcase full of money. So I figure if I get my tuba and go out and sit by the pier and say funny stuff all day long, I wont have to work ever again.
I hate going to city's like this really, because I always over-eat. We got off the ferry and made a bee-line for Joe's Crab Shack. If you've never been to Joe's, it's unbelievable. After the Shack, we decided to stop off at Ben & Jerry's. Then came the cotton candy, followed by the famous clam chowder bowl and topped off by a nice dinner at Chevy's. I think they really know how to do it in San Fran. Everything is so convenient. Right after you walk out of a restaurant there is dessert waiting for you right across the street.
Fun Day
On the ferry
Eating at the Shack

Me, Jay, and Valerie at the aquarium

Me and Jay with Arnaz Battle, the 49ers #2 leading wide receiver for the NFL.

A bird really like Valerie

Darren being himself

6 comments:

James Wilder said...

How fun! SF is even more popular as that Sacramento heat kicks in!

Bro...why do we all do this haha all the places you ate at we have right here in Sacramento! You gotta visit some spots that are indigenous to SF! Rainforest Cafe, Uncle Vito's, Cliff House,Stinky Rose, etc.. Of course I admit many of us do Cheescake Factory (and we have one here in our back yard). Eating at familiar places is safe I guess...

I'm with you on making some money. I thought a cool youth fund-raiser would be making everyone dress "down" like bumbs and doing random street acts. All proceeds to the youth. lol Okay...maybe not the safest, nor the most honest.

Tyler Sullivan said...

James,

I have been to Rainforest as well as Cliff House. The others I will have to try on another trip.

It's like in Tawain, all I did was go to McDonalds, and KFC and Starbucks. I just couldnt handle the food there to well. They cook it all with the same spice.

As for the money.....lol

Unknown said...

San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. Wild politics and strange "goings on," but a delightful place to visit.

Next time you're going, invite Jerry and me. :)

Tyler Sullivan said...

Sis Buxton,

One of my favorites as well!! Very enjoyable. I will call you next time....Ben & Jerry's awaits us~

Anonymous said...

Tyler you guys are crazy!! We were all down there at the same time. Did you guys do the cable cars? Very fun. We should've hung out! Any way there is always a next time. Oh I forgot to see if you all would be interested in a Choir Skate night? Calvary is putting one together as a fundraiser for our choir and we are renting the whole complex. Any way let me know.
Doug

Tyler Sullivan said...

Doug,

Heard you guys were down there, but never were able to hook up. No we didnt do the cable cars. Didnt have time to do a whole lot! Let me know about the skate thing. Who, what, when, where n' all that.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones