Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

One of those mornings

Well, I know I haven't said anything much lately, but it's just been a really busy time of the year. I think this is probably the busiest year I have ever had in my whole 22 years of existence. Not that I am complaining, because I love keeping busy. Ever since we came to the big city, things have picked up in every aspect of our lives. I know, I know, you are thinking, what has this younger generation come to. Like Dad says, "when I was your age, I walked up hill both ways to go to work in the snow". "I couldn't email a letter, so I walked it over to their house." ETC I think that every kid has heard it at least 200 times in their life. But what would it be if they didn't say that? Still though with this new city life, I am still a redneck. I am finding myself just going outside at nighttime and just staring. Or when I am driving down Sunrise by the mall, I am still in awe by all of the cool stuff. Maybe it is still because of the Mississippian in me. (Is that a word)? We moved from Mississippi when I was about 6 or 7 because one day me and my brother were playing outside, and all of a sudden a bunch of cyclists rode by. Growing up in Mississippi, we didn't know what those were. We just stood dumbfounded and stared. Dad I guess saw the looks on our faces, and said "It's time to leave". But I still just find myself staring at people and places because I think it is so cool....lol. We were so used to hearing turkeys and squirrels all around the house climbing on the windows an everything else, now all you hear is drive bys, gunshots, and sirens..... We are getting a Coolhand Luke's right next to the church. Hopefully it should be opening pretty soon. I have to admit I have only been there 2 times, but it was pretty good when I was there. Any steakhouse is good to me. Every morning I try to get up at 6:00 am (try is the right word). I have to be at school by 7:45 to get ready to teach class so forth so on. Usually I will set the alarm for 6:00 and try to be awake by 6:30 after hitting the snooze button a couple of times. Anyway, I hit it this morning, and I didn't hear it go off again, so I look at the clock and I see :45. Me being stupid and half asleep did not look at the first number but figured since I didn't hear it, It must be 7:45. So I jumped out of bed ran to the shower, jumped in, got out, shaved and ran to the kitchen. Picking up my HP I stopped just for a moment to look at the clock and I noticed it said 6:45. GREEEAAAATTTT. Since I was already up I decided to go to Starbucks and grab a white peppermint mocha. I really like Starbucks, but ours has a few of the lesser brainiacs in it. I specifically asked for a white hot peppermint mocha. I was in a really good mood until I got it. NO PEPPERMINT!!!! But other than that it's been a great day. More talk tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha Tyler! ;) jk. How could they forget the PEPPERMINT? HELLO it's called a white PEPPERMINT mocha.. Maybe they'll get it right next time. lol

Tyler Sullivan said...

Whoeverthisis,

Yes this is the first time its happened. I have since probably had 6 or 7 (I think I am addicted), and its been right every time since then. O well

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones