Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

"Quote of The Day"

"Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow." -Lawrence Clark Powell Very cool quote.

Gas prices are going through the roof right now. I guess it isn’t affecting the average American driver though because we are driving as much as ever before. My deep deep profound intellectual thoughts on this are..........we are getting ripped. Anything they can do to squeeze the almighty dollar out of us, they are going to do. I have listened to several talk show hosts, discussions and debates on this and as much as they try to defend the oil futures of this country, there is no possible way that companies can be charging this much because of inflation, rise in oil costs and other exportation charges and not be making a huge profit. Oil companies recorded record profits in the billions last year on annual reports and this year it is also expected to go up 5-7 % times that. It is a free country, and companies can make a profit at their own pace in their own time and gaining as many dollars as they like along the way - but is there a point at which government should step in when it is decreasing the amount of the American dollar? Put yourself in that position. If you were CEO of Shell Oil Company, would you be in favor of the government making you lower your prices in order to appease the American public? We all want to save our money as much as we can, but in reality, they are a business and they can technically rip us off as much as they want to. I don't know, but I think as much closer as we can get to having a efficient energy source that we can draw from here in the US (besides starbucks), the better we are. We will have to wait and see what happens.

My Ipod is broke. It started acting wierd last night. I think it is the battery because every time I will listen to it, it lasts for about 15 minutes and shuts off saying there is no more power available. Last night it froze for like 4 minutes and wouldnt do anything, so it looks like I am going to have to buy a new one. I think I am going to get the 160 gig one since I am almost to full capacity anyway on my present 30 gig. These things are awesome. Apple really went over the top when they invented them. I would love to get the new "touch" screen one, but right now they are way to small in disk space to even come close to what I need, so I think I am going to have to just go with the "old" kind. The only thing that I can think of as their downfall is that it converts your songs into lower grade formats other than an mp3 so that when you play it sometimes it is fuzzy at loud ranges. I am currently at 4,200 songs, which is 15 days of nonstop music. The batteres for these things are just as much as a new one so I think i will break down and just get nicer one. I was reading that Steve Jobs "personal" ipod can hold up to 100,000 songs. I also read that if they were to stop and pick up a $100 bill off of the ground they would actually lose money because their time is so valuable. Maybe they could actually give me a new one. I don't think it would hurt them. Probably unlikely.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Hi Tyler! Great quote at the top, hope you don't mind if I steal it! =)
I need to get a new iPod too...mine's only 2 gig! HAHAHAA! The thing is, I keep changing the songs out. Don't you get tired of listening to the same stuff? I just keep my favs in there and buy new ones now and then.
I don't think I'll ever be too busy/too rich to pick up $100. That's just incredibly unbelievable!
(And I agree with you on the gas prices! Let's all ride scooters! hahahahaha!)

Weston Cantrell said...

Now is the time to buy refurbished iPods from Apple!
They just dropped the prices. Check it out:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=44BD9AA2&nclm=Certified

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones