Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Polling

Well, it is official. I am an employee of the United States Government. Well at least I was until about 12 hours ago. Last night our youth got to go and work the polls at a polling drop off for 4 hours. People that ran polling places all day brought their ballots to us and we loaded them on a truck for delivery. IT WAS COLD!!!! We were out there till 11 and by the time it rolled around, I could break the ice sickles off of my chin. (Not really but it was cold). We were sworn in, and started work. I had a really hard job, I had to wave a flashlight and tell cars when to move and stop. It was really hard holding a donut in one hand and a flashlight in the other telling cars when to stop and go. I felt like a cal-trans worker. You know, one of those guys you see leaning on a shovel on the side of the road with a burger in one hand and a shovel in the other. (They are of course leaning on it). So I was pretty tired by the time I got done. It was a great night though, because we raised almost 1/2 of our money for youth convention this year. Basically, when a car drove up, we would unload the car of all of the items that they used that day to run polling places. We then would put them in a Semi Trailer on pallets and start on the next car. It got really busy at moments and I had to wave my flashlight really really fast!!!!! Talk about exciting!!!! WHOOOHOOO!! Ok back to reality. I guess we could say that the Governor is paying our way to Youth Convention this year. I don’t think he will have a problem with it though after all, he is loaded. Did you vote yesterday? Here is something funny I found. It cost $160,000,000 to put the gambling (90's) props on the ballots. Did you know we would only gain $10,000,000 per year if these props are passed? It will take 16 years to pay off what they have tried to accomplish here. Now I know why we are kind of in debt. Anyway, here are some pics of last night. Enjoy.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones